Are you worried that bedbugs
might’ve invaded your home? If so, you’ll want to take steps to address the problem as quickly as possible. The problem is that bedbugs
can turn your life upside down. They can’t make you sick, but they will lead to other issues. Unfortunately, identifying a problem won’t be easy because bedbugs
hide exceptionally well. Identify the problem swiftly so you can fix the issue before it spirals out of control.
prefer hiding in locations that are rarely inspected or touched. For instance, they hide in small cracks, crevices, furniture, and mattresses. Below, you’ll find tips for forcing them to come out of hiding.
Making Bedbugs Come Out Of Hiding
Thankfully, there are several ways to make bedbugs come out of hiding. Use the tips below to achieve this goal.
- Bedbugs tend to sleep during the day and come out at night. Make your bedroom dark and they might come out. Block the windows and turn off the lights. If you can convince the bedbugs it is night, they may emerge from hiding.
- Try using a bedbug steamer. The device releases hot steam. Bedbugs are attracted to heat so they’ll likely come out of hiding and approach the steam. However, they won’t get too close. Nevertheless, using a bedbug steamer is wise because it can eradicate bedbugs too.
- You’ll want to experiment with bedbug traps. These products work exceptionally well because they help detect and eliminate bedbugs. Traps tend to release heat and CO2. Both of these things attract bedbugs. They also use glue so they’ll trap the bugs and prevent them from feeding.
- Don’t forget to use heat sources. Doing so can make the bedbugs in your home come out of hiding. You can use a heating pad or heater to draw bedbugs out of hiding.
- Finally, use your dryer to eliminate bedbugs hiding in your home. Using a dryer is an excellent way to take care of the problem. If bedbugs are hiding in clothes or sheets, they can be eliminated by using your dryer.
If these techniques do not work, hire an exterminator. They can use lures to find and eliminate bedbugs.
Other Tools To Use
Remember that there are other tools designed to lure bedbugs. Many of these tools remain active for 90 days. If you want to detect bedbugs in your home for the long term, you should talk to a local exterminator about these products. They can help you obtain and use them. Most of these products use CO2 and heat
to lure bedbugs. Again, they may contain glue that is used to trap the bugs. Once you’ve confirmed that you have bedbugs, hire an exterminator to fix the issue.